Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

If you lot're having problems with Snes9x, or call up you lot've institute a issues, this is the identify to exist.

p2tu
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: iv
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

I take generic noname USB gamepad.
It works in windows (win7 64) and in other games that support gamepad.

Information technology even works when mapping snes9x 1.51 controls merely it wont work when I enter game...
I have besides tried with snes9x ane.53, no luck.

Whatsoever suggestions, ideas?
Or I take to purchase Logitech gamepad? :)

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:fifteen pm

Post past OV2 »

Is input set up to "Use SNES Joypad(s)"? Is the Joypad enabled (in the input configuration)? Does information technology piece of work with jump keyboard buttons?

p2tu
Snes9x White Chugalug
Posts: iv
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by p2tu »

Yes, aye and yes.

I only tried to disable nod32 and still no issue.
I take besides tried compatibility manner xp sp3, vista, run as administrator.

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 x:15 pm

Post by OV2 »

Could y'all upload your snes9x.conf file somewhere?

p2tu
Snes9x White Chugalug
Posts: four
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by p2tu »

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:fifteen pm

Post by OV2 »

You've mapped your controller to Joypad 3 - is that what you desire? You have to use Joypad 1 for normal SNES games.

If you indeed want to employ it as Joypad three (eg. for histrion three in Bomberman) you lot'll have to select "Use Super Multitap (5-Histrion)", otherwise but two Joypads will be used.

p2tu
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan twenty, 2012 12:29 pm

Mail service by p2tu »

Unbelievable! Cheers! As Joypad 1 it's working!

I already tried VirtuaNES and in that location controller 3 is working as gamepad, foreign? :)

Anyway, give thanks you again and I hope it volition help others besides :)

User avatar

OV2
Official Win32 Porter/Dev
Posts: 679
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2007 ten:15 pm

Mail service by OV2 »

The "Joypads" in Snes9x represent the real SNES joypads. So joypad 1 is the one in the left controller port, joypad ii is the on on the right, and later ones are those plugged into a multitap. If you map your gamepad to joypad 3, it is now i of those plugged into the multitap - thus most snes games do not react to its push button presses.

babosayshi
Snes9x White Chugalug
Posts: 1
Joined: Midweek Nov twenty, 2013 1:00 am

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post past babosayshi »

chrizdekok wrote:I also have a Xbox360 controller and the solution above didn't piece of work But the problem was quite like. The exact opposite to be more precise :)
Map the buttons of gamepad 3 instead of gamepad 1.

@hank you so much! I signed up just to say that because I had no idea how to become my 360 controller to work. Thanks!!!

knuckles2007
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: one
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by knuckles2007 »

same as others, simply i apply an afterglow xbox 360 game controller. the mapping works just the games don't recognize the controller. though it works with other emulators. merely non snes9x. and i really do enjoy 9x and non the other emulators.

kek
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: ii
Joined: Wed January 28, 2015 11:42 am

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by kek »

knuckles2007 wrote:same as others, but i use an afterglow xbox 360 game controller. the mapping works only the games don't recognize the controller. though it works with other emulators. just not snes9x. and i really do enjoy 9x and not the other emulators.

If you are using Linux, the following steps solved my trouble viewtopic.php?f=six&t=6837#p52259

Sweeet!

jthedj
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: 1
Joined: Wednesday Dec xxx, 2015 two:eighteen am

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Postal service by jthedj »

then I'm running a mac and 1.53 version,
if i map the 3rd controller it controls 1P also every bit 1 control controls 1P. control 2 doesn't do anything using on multi tap and justifiers unmarried and dual ports. is this a code problem or am i useless???

Doman
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: ane
Joined: Thu Jan fourteen, 2016 2:03 am

Re: Gamepad non working in games (mapping works!)

Mail service by Doman »

Downloaded snes9x on windows 10, controller works, but isn't registering.
it automatically configures to joypad 1, so i tried changing to joypad 3, just whenever i attempt, it doesn't seem to permit me, considering I'llchange it and and so when i become back into inout settings, it'southward back at joypad ane. whatsoever ideas?

MallocArray
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: ane
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2017 vi:44 pm

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post past MallocArray »

@Nachtklavier Thanks for the tip on the x86 version vs x64.

I'm using Win 10 x64 with Xbox 360 wireless controller and while I could map the buttons for either Joy1 or Joy3, neither would actually work in a game. Changing over to the win32 x86 version I could still map and it worked perfectly as Joy1.

jessvass1973
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: one
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by jessvass1973 »

Hi Guys,

Merely joined the forum to meet if anyone tin shed any light on my consequence. I have an autistic 9 yr one-time son and have purchased him a generic controller from Amazon.
The link to the controller is here.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/production/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
I run Windows 10 64 fleck edition and my picayune boys laptop runs windows vii 64 fleck. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of snes9x with no success.
I take tried changing the input configuration to joypad iii but information technology changes back to 1 again. The gamepad shows up in devices on windows settings ok and allows
me to calibrate it. I have no thought what else I can practice. Can anyone help at all please?

James

therazorsedge
Snes9x White Belt
Posts: one
Joined: Sabbatum November 04, 2017 eleven:18 pm

Re: Gamepad not working in games (mapping works!)

Post by therazorsedge »

jessvass1973 wrote:I run Windows ten 64 bit edition and my little boys laptop runs windows seven 64 bit. I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of snes9x with no success.
I have tried changing the input configuration to joypad 3 but it changes dorsum to ane again. The gamepad shows up in devices on windows settings ok and allows
me to calibrate it. I have no idea what else I can do. Can anyone help at all please?

I had a similar trouble. Gamepad is seen as a HID-compliant device by Windows x, and SNES9X volition configure it as Joypad easily.

The application obviously receives input considering the mapping menu responds to push presses on the gamepad. In one case it is configured, however, SNES9X does non reply to whatsoever inputs.

I was able to resolve past changing the following option in the snes9x.conf file:

Code: Select all

                  Handler:Background        = ON         # on to detect keyboard hotkeys when in the background. May impact operation and decrease responsiveness.                

The default was OFF. I have seen no issues with performance or responsiveness in spite of the warning.